Wellfleet, MA is a great town on Cape Cod to relax, kick back, and have a good time. You can reach the town of Wellfleet by taking Route 6, past most of the town on Cape Cod, to the Outer Cape region. As you head further east on the Cape, the less "big businesses," chains, and conventional non-Cape things you'll experience. Here's a quick top five list of things to do in the town of Wellfleet, MA:
(in no meaningful order)
5. Marconi Beach. This beautiful beach sits on the Atlantic Ocean side of town. It's one of the most popular summer beaches on Cape Cod, and has some incredible views. The surf is a bit rougher, but it's well worth the visit. Expect to pay to park, and get there early to ensure yourself a parking spot!
4. Art Galleries in Wellfleet. This town contains the 2nd most number of art galleries on Cape Cod, behind Provincetown. Check out the local artwork at galleries in Wellfleet Center, just off Route 6, or the many galleries right on Route 6. Don't be afraid to venture off the main road and find a hidden gem!
3. Wellfleet Bay View from Route 6. This incredible view of Blackfish Creek on Route 6 is often seen, but seldomly truly appreciated. The wide open marsh meets the road at Route 6, and provides a panoramic view of Cape Cod Bay and Wellfleet Bay. It's especially scenic at sunset. Take a drive by this area to sneek a peak.
2. Wellfleet Drive In Theater. You can't miss this age-old drive-in located on Route 6. It's a double feature, so set aside some time for an unforgettable experience!
1. Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary. A trip to Wellfleet wouldn't be complete without a visit to this protected piece of beautiful land. The property has great views of salt marshes, has many walking trails, and you're sure to see plenty of wildlife. Stop by and visit the grounds during visiting hours, and stop by the information center to read more about the sanctuary.
For more things to do, photos, and information, be sure to visit this page on the town of Wellfleet.